Ariana Grande has been forced to take time off from her tour after falling ill.
The Thank U, Next singer was ordered by doctors to cancel her upcoming Sweetener World Tour dates this week in Tampa and Orlando, Florida, breaking the news on Instagram.
“I woke up incredibly sick today, ran to my doctor here and have been told to postpone these shows tonight and tomorrow,” the 25-year-old star said.
“I’m so beyond devastated,” she said. “I will make this up to you, i promise. please forgive me. i love you and i will be back and better than ever as soon as possible.”
Grande’s tour schedule is considerably grueling. Since kicking off the tour in March she’s performed 27 times, and is due to take to the stage for at least 50 more shows across North America and Europe before it wraps up in November.
Grande, who previously revealed she is suffering from PTSD in the wake of the May 2017 suicide bomb attack at her Manchester concert and the 2018 death of ex Mac Miller, recently admitted she finds performing live emotionally draining.
“Making [music] is healing,” Grande said in a since-deleted tweet …”performing it is like reliving it all over again and it is hell.”
Grande is hoping to be well enough to return to the stage in Miami on Friday.