Demi Lovato has left hospital two weeks after suffering a drug overdose.
TMZ reports the 25-year-old checked out of Cedars-Sinai in Los Angeles over the weekend, and headed straight for a rehab facility where she’ll spend an extended period of time.
Lovato addressed the overdose publicly for the first time on the weekend, telling fans she “will keep fighting”.
“I have always been transparent about my journey with addiction,” the Sober singer wrote on Instagram.
“What I’ve learned is that this illness is not something that disappears or fades with time. It is something I must continue to overcome and have not done yet.”
To her fans, she said, “I am forever grateful for all of your love and support throughout this past week and beyond. Your positive thoughts and prayers have helped me navigate through this difficult time.”
Demi lovato is still in hospital six days after suffering a drug overdose.
TMZ reports the 25-year-old has been experiencing “complications” as a result of the medical emergency, such as extreme nausea and a high fever.
It was almost a week ago that paramedics were called to the Sober singer’s Hollywood Hills home after she overdosed on an unknown substance. She was given Narcan, which reverses the effects of opiates.
When news broke of Demi’s overdose last week, a spokesperson said the star was “awake and with her family who want to express thanks to everyone for the love, prayers and support.”
On Saturday, it was revealed a documentary Lovato has been filming, which was due to be released in the coming months, has been put on hold indefinitely.