Talita Von Furstenberg, granddaughter of the great Diane Von Furstenburg, stepped out at the Met Gala today looking like a real-life Cinderella, dressed in a crystal-encrusted, sky-blue, DVF gown (of course).
And it was Australian celebrity makeup artist, Tobi Henney, who was enlisted the task of prepping the fashion progeny for the East Coast Oscars, working her beauty magic on the new face of theVon Furstenberg brand.
Here, Henney gives us an inside look into how it all came together…
What was the look?
The look was an angelic twist on the modern fresh makeup look. Talita’s gown was encrusted with over 300 Swarovski crystals and the DVF team had over 130m of tulle to make the train of the dress. It had to be a soft look to compliment the sky blue.
What inspired you?
I was inspired by the theme, and drew most of my inspiration around heaven and angels. Talita’s birthday is actually today – the day of the Met, and she turned 19. Because she is so youthful and beautiful, I wanted to keep her makeup super fresh and light, particularly around her eyes and focus more on glowing skin and creating the perfect soft lip to finish the beauty look. We decided to not include lashes and work her super long lashes to the maximum potential for a more natural eye look.
can you give us some insight into how much preparation went into the look?
I actually didn’t see the gown until 2 days out from Met and the DVF team sent across a mood board, and from there I created my own makeup mood board and one day out I made sure my kit was packed and prepped with everything I could possibly need. I actually for once took a whole extra bag just to be super prepared.
Get the look:
1. Cleanse the skin with Koh Gen Do Cleansing Spa Water.
2. Massage La Mer Soft Creme into the skin and prime with Laura Mercier Radiance Primer.
3. Apply Armani Luminous Silk foundation using a Beauty Blender, then apply Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer, follow with powder using Laura Mercier Translucent Powder.
4. Fill in the brows using Lorac Pro Brow Pencil and set in place with Mac Cosmetics Brow Gel.
5. Prime the eye using Mac Cosmetics Indian Wood Paint Pot and apply Charlotte Tilbury Golden Goddess Palette, focusing on smoking out the crease only in the bronze shade.
6. Highlight the centre of the eye with Colour Pop Ladybird Super Shock Eyeshadow, then highlight the inner eye and brow bone with Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze and Glow.
7. Curl the lashes and apply lashing of Marc Jacobs Velvet Noir Mascara.
8. Contour and highlight using Tom Ford Shade and Illuminate, and warm up the skin using Nars Laguna Bronzer.
9. Add Tom Ford Sublimate to the cheeks and highlight collar bones with Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Champagne Pop.
10. Line the lips with Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat and top with Pillow Talk Lipstick – to finish, add a swipe of Becca Glow Gloss in Rose Quartz.