1. THE HAIR CANDY Is it a turban? Is it a headband? Technically, this silk headwrap from Camilla’s much-lauded Resort 2018 collection (the one that roused a rare standing ovation when it closed Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Australia) is neither, but a touch of both. Featuring Japanese blossoms in its print and dotted with tiny crystals, it’s the ideal anti-headwear for the races, the polo or under a rustic straw hat at the beach.
Camilla, galaxy girl silk head wrap, $79. SHOP NOW
2. THE CHIC ESPADRILLE If it’s good enough for The Duchess of Sussex (nee Meghan Markle) during her trip to Bondi Beach, it’s good enough for us. What are we hinting at? The humble rafia-bottomed espadrille, of course. This tricked-up one by our new summer shoe go-to Palmaira Sandals ticks all the boxes: extra height without a wedge, elegant tan leather and authentic craftsmanship that nods to its Menorcan style roots.
Palmaira Sandals, Peachy Espadrille slingback, $125. SHOP NOW
3. THE CUTE SHADES Consider these another cute tribute to retro 1980s fashion, falling into the same camp as bumbags, sunglass chains and bucket hats. The heart sunglass is the shape to be spotted in this summer, popping up across a range of luxury and high street brands. Our pick? These tortoise-framed ones from Chloe.
Chloe, Poppy Love Heart-Shaped Gold-Tone Sunglasses, $398. SHOP NOW
4. THE COWGIRL BELT Fancy dipping your toe into the huge Wild West trend that’s key this fashion season, but not sure you can carry off the standard cowboy boots (especially in the hot weather)? An embellished belt is your answer. Cheaper than a trip across the border to Mexico, this desert-vibe option from Isabel Marant is boho-luxe at its finest.
Isabel Marant, Tety embroidered leather waist belt, $505. SHOP NOW
5. THE TALKING-POINT BAG Every Australian fashion girl worth her salt either a) owns one of Lucy Folk’s signature bead bags or b) wants to. This new version steps up the lust-factor with a strap that converts your clutch into a shoulder or cross-body bag. And we all know turquioise and white work like a dream with summer denim.
Lucy Folk, imperial cocktail clutch, $375. SHOP NOW
6. THE CHIC SHIFT When fashion blogger Nadia Fairfax walked into our recent GRAZIA + ICON Launch Party wearing this sorbet green Camilla and Marc mini-dress, she had us at hello. From the iconic Australian brand’s newest collection, it would work as well with ankle boots or stiletto sandals or the kitschy clogs Nadia opted for.
Camilla and Marc, Osa mini dress, $850. SHOP NOW
7 + 8. THE MAIN TAMERS It’s never been cooler to go geek chic with your barnet. Once the stuff of fashion devotees nightmares, the humble scrunchie and crocodile clip are the height of hair fashion. This band by ultra-hot (read: expensive) party dress label Rixo might be the closest thing to owning a piece of the label budget-minded ladies come this summer, but it’s a fabulous trade-off.
9. THE LEOPARD ONE-PIECE It may be a classic staple shape, but there’s nothing basic about this strappy one-piece in this summer’s hottest print. Part of Byron Bay-based brand Auguste’s new Bask swimwear collection’s second drop, it’s made of Econyl, a recycled nylon fabric made from plastics and old fishing lines pulled from the oceans that would have otherwise been bound for landfill. Shop this and you’ll feel as good as you look.
Auguste, Safari Escape One Piece in Tan, $165. SHOP NOW
10. THE SCRIPT NECKLACE Given 2018 was officially the year of celebrating marriage equality in Australia (because Love is Love!), this precious necklace by Sydney Evan in rainbow sapphires couldn’t be more appropriate. Layer with other gold chains or wear solus to make a glittering everyday statement.
Sydney Evan, 14kt gold rainbow love Sapphire necklace, $2000 at Shopbop. SHOP NOW