Beautifully round and joyful, when Jacquemus sent his girls down the Spring Summer 18 runway with softly draped, rosy cheeks, we were love-struck. Indeed, it was as if Cupid struck the ladies with the flush of love; they were jubilant, angelic, eternally pretty. With the departure of harsh contouring and the meteoric rise of non-touring – a broader concept of uncomplicated coverage – a ‘softness’ in makeup has returned. And whilst a seaside swill will help the cause for beautiful blush, you can echo such romantic sentiments sans vacation, says makeup extraordinaire, Filomena Natoli.
“A summer sojourn is not the only way to create holiday skin; a beautiful, soft, rosy cheek will do the trick as seen on the runway at PFW for Jacquemus SS18.”
“To re create this look, I prefer a cream blush or lip to cheek tint as they melt seamlessly into the skin where powders can some times coagulate,” notes Natoli. Mimic frolicking in the lavender fields of Provence with a generous sweeping of blush. Here, Filomena shows us exactly how to be Jacqeumus girl; one of joie de vivre and spirited adolescence.
Get the Look
- Start on fresh clear skin, prep and prime using hands and apply BB cream or tinted moisturiser (my favourites are IT cosmetics CC cream or Nars Tinted Moisturiser), so that the coverage is sheer and the complexion is even. Using your hands, warm the product; this allows you to push the product into the skin for a traceless finish.
- “Non–tour ” the face with a cream bronzer, either Tom Ford Shade and Illuminate or Chanel Bronzing base to create shape and structure. Add a little luminosity to the cheekbones with the illuminating balm from the Tom Ford Shade and Illuminate Duo.
- Brush brows up and fill gently where needed, curl lashes and apply mascara.
- Two of my favourite Cream blushes are Laura Mercier ‘Blaze” & Kevyn Aucoin ‘Pravella’, they are flattering on all skin tones and have excellent colour pay off. Apply with fingers or with a synthetic blush brush to the apples of the cheek and upwards along the cheekbone to lift the face. Pat into the skin to blend and soften.
- A light swish of blush across the nose mimic’s the pretty flush of a day spent by the sea.
- Finish with a rose tinted balm patted on to the lips like Lanolips balm in Rose or Rhubarb.