Appropriately titled ‘Eve’, the Hansen & Gretel Resort ’18 collection explored the meaning of womanhood and female identity. “Eve’ is all about different expressions of the feminine personality,” mused designer Ainsley Hansen. “The Resort ’18 line ventures to find balance between nostalgic romance and bold sensuality.”
In regard to beauty, three looks were created to express different versions of Eve, depending on the model and the look: Eve, Modern Eve, and Dramatic Eve. To master the many faces of Eve, Hansen & Gretel teamed up with Clinique to create a fresh look that would enhance the natural skin tones and features of the Gretel girls, as well as complimenting the clothes.
On the face:
1. Refresh and hydrate the skin with Moisture Surge 72-Hour Auto-Replenishing Hydrator.
2. Using the Clinique Buff Brush, dab Even Better Glow Light Reflecting Makeup SPF15 over the face and buff slowly into the skin.
3. Use Beyond Perfecting Super Concealer to brighten underneath the eye area and conceal any imperfections.
4. Sparingly powder the T-zone with Blended Face Powder in Invisible Blend.
5. Using a flat foundation brush, softly pat Chubby Stick Cheek Colour Balm in Amp’d Up Apple to the apple of the cheeks, diffusing the edges into a natural finish.
6. Gently pat Up-Lighting Liquid Illuminator underneath the cheekbone and blend upwards towards the temple.
on the lips:
1. In a dabbing motion, directly apply Almost Lipstick in Black Honey for a natural lip tint.
on the eyes:
1. For the Eve look – no product is required for the eyes.
2. For the Modern Eve look – Use Pretty Easy Liquid Eyelining Pen in Black to intensify the top lash line and create a winged liner, followed by one coat of Lash Power Mascara to both the top and bottom lashes.
3. For the Dramatic Eve – Sketch the Chubby Stick Shadow Tint for Eyes in Big Blue over the eyelid and blend with fingers. Using an eyeshadow brush, dab the light blue shade of the Galaxy All About Shadow Quad all over the eyelid to intensify the colour.