Inspired by the grand, Gothic Revival architecture of The Swifts mansion, the Macgraw girl oozed romance and allure. Blow-waved to perfection, the Macgraw models floated down the runway in a mix of frills, florals and lace. Pastel pink, rich red, and fresh mint partnered with everybody’s monochromatic partners-in-crime – black, white and nude – and contradicted the fairytale-like shapes and silhouettes to create the modern-day, medieval princess.
Curated by Head Stylists and MBFWA Co-Creative Hair Directors Byron Turnbull and Jade Turner-Ledwidge, the pinned back, princess-esque curls were created by the Edwards & Co. team using Kevin.Murphy and Seamless 1 hair extensions. Like a princess descending from her tower, the look was fit for any queen, or Rapunzel alike.
get the look:
- Section off hair in a middle part and prep with Anti.Gravity Volumiser.
- While drying the product, make sure to not blow dry hair smooth in order to allow for ample texture.
- Spray hair with Session Spray Finishing Spray and brush out.
- Using a 19mm tong, wrap the hair in a ribbon formation, interchanging between curling under and curling over. Once done, let the hair cool.
- Grab sections of hair nearest to the top of the part and tong starting at eyebrow level to create an off the face curl. Once cooled, spray Doo.Over Finishing Hair Spray and shake the curl out.
- Take two strands each side of the part, twisting hair to the back of the head then secure with pins.
- Depending on texture, finish with the Doo.Over Spray again, or for an amazing floating feel use Hair Resort Beach Texturiser.
- To complete the look, attach jewels into hair by weaving into twists.
VIEW THE macgraw RESORT 2019 COLLECTION HERE