Not that we ever need an excuse to wear denim at GRAZIA, but tomorrow – Friday August 4 – is a particularly auspicious day to don blues.
In honour of the re-arrival of iconic fundraiser Jeans for Genes Day, which raises vital funds for the Children’s Medical Research Institute to tackle childhood genetic diseases, we asked one of its ambassadors – the ever-fashionable blogger and mother Nadia Bartel – to spill her current denim wish-list.
“I couldn’t wait to be involved in this year’s Jeans for Genes campaign,” the Chronicles of Nadia founder told GRAZIA. “I’m most excited about rallying my friends and family to get involved – I’m asking them to donate and get wilder than ever before when it comes to their denim looks in crazy denim outfits.
“I love denim-on-denim and embroidery this year.”
“Every dollar raised on the day helps the CMRI to discover treatments and cures so children can lead healthy lives.” Fashion for a good cause? We’re always ready to support that. Visit Jeans for Genes for more details on how you can pledge money, then shop up a storm ready for next year below.
Shop Nadia Bartel’s favourite denim buys for spring
1. The Fashion Jean by Maurie & Eve “I’m all about denim with patchwork details and a frayed hem. I love wearing these with sneakers and a clean white shirt.”
2. The Highwaisted Skinny by Jeanswest “High waisted jeans are my go-to. They are super flattering and give me the freedom to tuck in my favourite slogan tee. I pair these jeans with a pair of pointed heels to finish the look.”
3. The classic jacket by Viktoria + Woods “I love slipping this jacket on with black denim for a denim-on-denim look for day. It also looks great thrown over my favourtie silk slip dress at night.”
4. The pant jean by Victoria by Victoria Beckham “These jeans have a cool sporty vibe with the yellow and black stripe running down the side. I love wearing these with clean sneakers or kitten heels.”
5. The new mom jean by Nobody “An ode to the ‘90s, these mom fit jeans are great to wear with shiny black boots and also look good with leather over my shoulders.”
6. The embellished jean by Grlfrnd “I love playing with embroidery this season, these jeans look great with a simple black bodysuit and some red slingback heels.”
7. The grey jean by Seed “Grey denim is an easy look to wear, especially on the weekend. The uneven hems allows you to show off your favourtie embellished flats.”
8. The oversized jacket by Off-White “Distressed denim in a light blue shade is my go-this season. I love wearing it super oversized.”
9. The palazzo pant by Ulla Johnson “These wide-leg jeans are so flattering for just about any body shape and looks great worn on a night out teamed with your favourite shirt or you can dress this down with a white T-shirt.”
10. The scarlett jean by adaptation “I am all about red this year, so I love the red denim cropped-leg look. Red looks great paired with black accessories too.”