Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will touch down in Australia on October 16, Kensington Palace has announced along with more details of their itinerary.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will spend one day in Sydney on the 16th, before traveling to Dubbo, Melbourne, back to Sydney, and then Fraser Island.
They’ll also visit New Zealand, Fiji, and Tonga on their official royal tour in the Southern Hemisphere.
“The programme across these four Commonwealth countries will focus on youth leadership, environmental and conservation efforts,” Kensington Palace said.
The main reason for our favourite royal couple’s (sorry, Kate and William) visit is the Invictus Games, a Commonwealth competitive sporting event for retired and ex-servicemen. The Sydney Invictus Games will be held from Oct 20 – 27.
You might recall that Harry and Meghan’s first public outing as a couple before they announced their engagement was at the Invictus Games in Toronto.
Here’s their itinerary as shared by Kensington Palace, with more details to come.
- Tuesday 16th October: Sydney, Australia
- Wednesday 17th October: Dubbo, Australia
- Thursday 18th October: Melbourne, Australia
- Friday 19th October: Sydney, Australia
- Saturday 20th October: Sydney, Australia
- Sunday 21st October: Sydney, Australia
- Monday 22nd October: Fraser Island, Australia
- Tuesday 23rd October: Suva, Fiji
- Wednesday 24th October: Suva, Fiji
- Thursday 25th October: Nadi, Fiji and Nuku’alofa, Tonga
- Friday 26th October: Nuku’alofa, Tonga and Sydney, Australia
- Saturday 27th October: Sydney, Australia
- Sunday 28th October: Wellington, New Zealand
- Monday 29th October: Wellington and Abel Tasman, New Zealand
- Tuesday 30th October: Auckland, New Zealand
- Wednesday 31st October: Rotorua, New Zealand