Art Direction: Dane Stojanovic
1 THE COOL KITSCH TOTE This is proof even the most masterfully minimalist fashion brand can let loose and have a little fun. Pheobe Philo’s latest bucket tote for eternally chic French house of Celine is part classic tan tote, part pink shearling muppet madness, and completely appropriate for those days you can’t decide which mood fashion mood you’re in. The red felt lining seals the deal.
CELINE, SMALL TWISTED CABAS BAG IN PINK SHEARLING, $2700. SHOP IN STORE
2 THE UNDER-LOBE EARRING Forget basic studs or small hoops for every day: the biggest thing in small-scale ear bling right now is this under-lobe shape. This cubic zirconia studded set have enough bling to tick the cocktail hour box, but would slay for daywear like jeans and a deep V tee too. For those days you’d prefer a low-fi look, the hanging bits can be removed, leaving just the elegant tiny studs. One set, twice as impressive.
PANDORA, FAIRYTALE TIARA EARRING STUDS, $89. SHOP NOW
3. THE SCUBA SPORTS TOP What’s the biggest trend in sports bras and crops right now? (Because, yes, workout wear is its own legit fashion category these days, which means industry trends definitely exist.) For the last few seasons, it’s been statement back shapes and tricky strap action. Now though the higher the neck, the better. This Calvin Klein Performance number with wild abstract print is a perfect example but uses a mesh panel at the front to beat the overheat. Cleverness.
CALVIN KLEIN PERFORMANCE, HIGH NECK SCUBA CROP TOP, $90. SHOP NOW
4. THE PAPER BAG PANT The summer pant shape of choice for high profile, high waist fan girl Gigi Hadid, this paper bag shape is the ideal partner for this season’s bustiers and hot crop tops. This cropped pair by Phillip Lim also come in black, but we say why opt for anything but Carnation pink for spring if you have the chance? After all, Gigi would.
3.1 PHILLIP LIM, DART PANTS IN PINK, $635 AT SHOPBOP. SHOP NOW
5. THE DENIM MERMAID SKIRT Not heard of New Zealand’s prodigious fashion talent Maggie Marilyn yet? It’s about time you became acquainted. The current antipodean queen of modern frills and ruffles, her pieces are more than in hot demand for their street-luxe looks. The twentysomething’s brand is completely committed to ethical production, which means this ivory stretch denim with slashed cut-outs comes with a big dose of rocking fashion karma.
MAGGIE MARILYN, MAKE IT A GREAT ONE SLASHED SKIRT, $745. SHOP NOW
6. THE NEOPRENE CLUTCH Is it a clutch purse, a makeup bag, an iPad cover or even a sand-repelling beach toss-all? Answer is this 20cm x 28cm bag is all of the above. Launched in 2016 by Aussie former television reporter and magazine creative Sal Morgan, brand Neo/preen specialises in (not surprisingly) all-purpose neoprene accessories with stretch silicone logos in various colours and treatment that wards of water. They’re cute, gender neutral and make ideal gifts. Little wonder it was quickly snapped up by David Jones for sale in 20 stores.
NEO/PREEN, LARGE SUNSET CLUTCH, $79. SHOP NOW
7. THE STUDDED NUDE HEEL Behold the ultimate solution to Spring Racing shoe woes. This 8.8cm-high sandal is the ideal hue for daytime trackside and polo soirees, neutral enough to work with most light-hue outfits, but boasts a touch a bling to keep things interesting. Still, it’s all about that block heel right? Solid enough you don’t sink into the grass, but still high enough for lofty luxe looks. Sensational with a touch of sensible.
WITTNER, FLOYD SANDAL, $230. SHOP NOW
8. THE fESTIVAL pERFECT ONE-PIECE These days, the word Spell is generally enough to steal all the attention of beach chic fans. Same said, one look at the custom lavender and pink floral print on this swim-slash-bodysuit is all the hook you need to fall in love. Make like famous friend of the Byron Bay brand Elsa Pataky and wear yours as a top under a loose skirt or micro denim with heels. Of course, you could always be radical and simply just go swimming in it too.
SPELL, BABUSHKA BANDEAU ONE PIECE IN LAVENDER, $189. SHOP NOW
9. THE MICRO-SHORT DENIM Consider these the unofficial Coachella for Victoria’s Secret Angels. This year every high profile VS model who fronted the style-driven music festival wore the tiniest of frayed denim micro-shorts on at least one of the days. And why wouldn’t you? Relaxed but rebellious they’re the new black when it comes to boho-chic event dressing and an ideal neutral base for bold tops and big accessories. These by Aussie brand One Teaspoon have perfected antique-look pale blue wash that’s big news in distressed denim this season.
ONE TEASPOON, BRANDO FREE LOVE BANDIT DENIM SHORTS, $99. SHOP NOW
10. THE SORBET SHADES If you don’t already own a pair of sorbet lens or round frame shades, then it’s time to remedy the situation. Both are huge trends in eyewear for Spring/Summer, along with geek metal frames and flat mirrored lenses (watch this space). Better still, blend them together as per this Raine style by cool brand Sunday Somewhere. We’re crushing on the cool mint green for spring, but you can also nab them in sorbet pink, gold, black and purple should you wish.
SUNDAY SOMEWHERE, RAINE SUNGLASSES IN GREEN, $290. SHOP NOW