Public service announcement: bold stripes steeped in colour have made a grand return to the fashion scene this season. Following revelations on the Autumn/Winter 2018 runways, the trend has trickled into our Instagram feeds over recent months, with Coachella 2018 seeing its return in full boho-luxe force.
No longer perceived a taboo print option outside the corporate environ, the ribbon-like design has been revived into a must-have now frequently spied on the likes of Gigi Hadid, Camila Coelho and Jasmine Sanders. Original GRAZIA It-girl turned designer Chiara Ferragni practically owns bold stripes as her signature look these days.
Credit: Getty Images
Capsule wardrobes were once commonplace for more subdued versions of the trend (think black, blue and white, rather than eye-catching colour). However, the hot new rainbow revamp has breathed new life into the formerly mostly-meh print. Available at every price point, the ubiquitous trend makes shopping on a budget easy. You don’t have to have to splash much cash to put your own spin on the look.
SHOP OUR FAVOURITE STATEMENT STRIPES BELOW
– No matter the occasion, a shirt dress is always a fun and reliable go-to. Paired with statement earrings and complimentary sock-boots, this look will have you street style ready in minutes.
Missguided, White Stripe Over-size Shirt Dress, $56. SHOP NOW
– Perfect for weekend adventures, brunch, and the post-holiday blues, this matching set can be dressed up or down just by alternating the shoes. Also, you’re really getting three pieces for the price of two. Talk about winning.
Boohoo, Uma stripe top and skirt co-ord, $24. SHOP NOW
– Sophisticated for work but cool enough to wear off-duty, this blazer is a must-have staple. It also makes a wonderful trans-seasonal piece for those awkward times of years.
Mango, striped suit blazer, $189 SHOP NOW
THE COOL GIRL MULES – Mules are already a gorgeous must-have this season and paired with stripes they are a subtle accessory to elevate any look. Plus, the lower heel is much kinder on your feet.
Public Desire, Karrie Shoe, $52 From the Iconic. SHOP NOW
– Have your very own ‘style icon’ moment with this top. Wearing it with tailored red trousers, killer heels and a bold lip will have you looking the definition of effortless style.
Caroline Constas, paros striped cotton top, $450 from Matchesfashion. SHOP NOW
– High-fashion sportswear never disappoints – like this bright-red bomber jacket that’s the perfect cool-girl accessory to add to your outfit.
MIU miu, cropped appliquéd checked knitted cardigan, $1350 from Netaporter. SHOP NOW