Victoria’s Secret 2018
Our love for New York City runs deep. From the shopping to the art to the eats, it’s a megalopolis which has long fascinated us and one that will forever inspire. It’s also spawned some of the most iconic moments in pop culture; be it sharing Breakfast at Tiffany’s with Audrey, having what “she’s having” at Katz’s Deli (an orgasm-inducing pastrami-on-rye, obviously), or cosmos and Manolo’s with Carrie, Samantha, Charlotte and Miranda, we will always have New York.
Here, in a GRAZIA exclusive, we celebrate the Big Apple with Elle Ferguson and celebrity hair stylist Justine Marjan, who show us three late-night hairstyles inspired by the city that never sleeps, all shot in New York.
And what better way to start than with a view from the top.
The Top of the Rock
Inspired by New York’s iconic, towering skyline, impart a little scaffolding into your hair and build up with height. Take your cues from the top – either the Top of The Rock or the Empire State and think a top-knot, but elevated. The only time it’s totally acceptable to have your head in the clouds, get climbin’.
the look: Elevated top-knot
Best For: Chic date-nights with banking boys (or your girl gang)
Stylish Stop: Mr. Purple
Use: TRESemmé Salon Finish Freeze Hold Hair Spray for much-needed hold
get the look with justine marjan
1. use a smoothing brush and brush the hair into a tight, smooth ponytail
2. Then spray the hair with TRESemmé Freeze Hold Hair Spray, and brush the hairspray in for a really smooth finish
3. Secure with an elastic into a half-up ponytail
4. Repeat on the bottom section adding the hair to the first section
5. Secure with another elastic
6. Twist the ponytail and then wrap into a top-knot, securing with French pins
7. Then spray a toothbrush with the hairspray, and brush away any of the baby hairs and flyaways
shop the look
TRESemmé Salon Finish Freeze Hold Hair Spray, $8. shop now